I have some things to share. I’ll try to keep it short, but you know how it is with me. 😉
1. I’m sure many of you have heard me talk about the Young Writers Workshop—the online writing program with a library full of instructional writing-related lessons and an online community of many young writers across the world—a bad description, but it’s the best I could do on short notice. 😅 Anyway, the instructors from YWW (give or take some people, very likely) created the Young Writer Blog, and they launched it November 2nd!
I don’t want to make this too long at all, so I’ll just share their “About Us”:
We are bestselling authors who know what it’s like to navigate the world of writing and publishing as teenagers. We’ve helped hundreds of young people grow as writers, reach more people, and publish their work. We’d love to help you too.
2. Next week’s post will be a short story–or, rather, a piece of flash fiction, written by yours truly! Yes, Daniel Amador actually managed to write a short story. I would’ve published it today but there were already too many other things too share to add a short story as well, and I didn’t have time to go through even a second draft or give it up for editing, so yeah, be sure to check it out Monday, the 15th!
Here of some goals I have set for myself:
- Finish my project Beyond the Wolf (i.e. reach 60K words) by December 15 (52/60, rounded down).
- Publish at least 4 posts in the month of November (1/4).
- Run three times a week, unless the temperature is below-40° F (I’m starting with this week, because I only ran twice last week).
Q & A
- What is your favorite sports team? Favorite sport team?? I don’t know. I don’t follow teams that much. But my favorite sport to watch is soccer, so when the World Cup comes on I usually root for Mexico and/or Spain.
- What food do you dislike the most? I used to really dislike mushrooms, but now they’re not that bad. The worst food I’ve had, though I don’t remember what it was called, I had it at a friends house and it looked, tasted, and smelled just like throw-up. 😋 🤮
- What first gave you the motivation to start a blog? The very first time I wanted to start a blog/got the motivation to start a blog was during a sermon in September of 2020, I think. My dad was preaching and he kind of gave the story of the prodigal son a more modern setting. I thought that was really cool, and I wanted to write stories like that. That was the first vision for my blog. Obviously it didn’t turn out. A second thing that came later in the month of October (2020) was when my friend launched her blog. That really gave me the final kick to make a WordPress account and get “the Right Kinda Writer” (now “the Right Kind of Writer—that’s why the url still has “kinda”; I don’t know how to change it, and if you do please tell me!) started.
- What is one popular book (or series) you haven’t read? What’s one? Oh, I can give you many. Two that I’ve started but never finished are the Chronicles of Narnia and the LotR. I haven’t ever read the Percy Jackson series, Harry Potter Series, KotLC series, or the Hunger Games Trilogy. I could go on.
- What is your favourite character from any book? Hands down, Malik from the Door Within Trilogy. He’s just awesome. Though he’s a side character and lacks depth in character growth, the series wouldn’t be the same without him, and neither would my very first novel project; he was inspiration for my favorite character in the now-paused project.
- Why do you like to write? That is a very good question—easier asked than answered. Some reasons: I love creating stories. I love bringing the crazy ideas from my brain to paper or a doc. I love making my characters experience the troubles, joys, and such that I experience. Finally, it’s one way I can teach others and glorify and worship my King.
- Who is your favorite movie character? No, no, NOOOO! I have no idea. Legolas, maybe?? Spiderman, maybe?? Iron Man, maybe?? Black Panther, maybe?? Someone from Big Hero Six, maybe?? I don’t know, honestly.
- If you could live in any fantasy/sci fi world, which one would you live in (ie. Middle Earth, Tatooine, Dune, etc.)? Hm, good question. Let me think. Proably Middle Earth, because I’ve always loved the idea of a simple, bright, down-to-earth place like the Shire, and I’ve always had the feeling of safety and comfort in Rivendell. They are like rare jewels in a regular rock mountain.
Thank you to all who submitted questions. I hope these were adequate answers. 🙂
That is all I have for today. Have a good morning, afternoon, evening, night, whatever!
With God’s help,