Good old Obi Wan quotes.
I was hoping to have some writing advice for you today, but after some fellow writers went through editing it, I realized that it is, um, most definitely not ready for sharing. I didn’t really have any back-up advice post ready and I could never focus on one helpful topic long enough to finish it, so I thought I’d just wrap up this month with some updates! I’ve divided these updates into three sections: goals, blogging, and reading.
I had three goals that I shared with you a few weeks ago:
- Finish my project Beyond the Wolf (i.e. reach 60K words) by December 15 (52/60, rounded down).
- Publish at least 4 posts in the month of November (1/4).
- Run three times a week, unless the temperature is below-40° F (I’m starting with this week, because I only ran twice last week).
And here are the updates:
- I completed my goal of reaching 60,000 (60K) words sixteen days before the due date! [Screenshot of proof is put after the list.] Although, I didn’t actually finish the book. . . far from it, really. It’ll probably be done by 70K words. *facepalm* I’ll need to put a good chunk of time into outlining.
- I was able to publish five posts, one more than the said goal!
- I, um, *cough* didn’t do so good in this one. Only two weeks, I think, did I run three times. But I ran a 5K on Thanksgiving morning and I was aiming for 21 minutes, but I beat it by 11 seconds! So, um, yeah, that was cool.
Like I said earlier, I have a habit of not putting enough effort into starting and finishing a post, so I have a whole bunch of unfinished blog post drafts piling up in my google docs. 😆
The plus is that I can always come back to them and if I put enough effort in, I can finish. This December I hope to provide you with at least four posts! I have a good idea of what I want for three of them, so I hope that turns out well and works out for you too. 🙂
I also just want to say I appreciate all the support you readers have given me! It really is encouraging. And can you believe that I’m almost at 100 subscribers?? 0-0 This means a lot to me.
A while ago my friend Laurel tagged me for the Bookworm Tag. I wanted to post my version earlier in November, but as I was going through answering the questions, I realized that, and this is hard for me to admit, I don’t actually read as much as a writer should. I write much more than I read, and it’s good that I’ve had plenty of motivation to write, but I hardly read at all. This December I am going to try to finish reading three books by the end of December, not including school books. I’ve already started reading 88 pages (out of 390, so about 1/4) of The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann.
And there you have some of the inside scoop into my life. May God bless you during the Christmas season! Farewell. See you next week! 😉
With God’s help,