Ah, I’m so sorry this is a day and many hours late! 🤦 There was a lot of work to put into to make this post happen, as will be explained later. Well let’s not waste another moment, and
hip hop in!
Yep. Sunday was my 1st Spotify anniversary—I have had a Spotify account since December 5th. It’s been awesome, having access to awesome music. Music is AMAZING. To celebrate, I shall list my top 15 favorite artists. I calculated this by documenting every. Single. One. Of my 562 Liked Songs on Spotify. It took a long while, let me tell you. I wrote down every artist there and the number of songs they have, as well as the names of their songs, and I organized them by number of Liked songs. If there was a tie in the top, the artist that had a higher quantity of songs that I like even more would have the higher rank. It’s as I said earlier, it took a long while.
Genres will be taken from Wikipedia, and will only be provided fo the top 5 (because it’s too much work for me to do all of them, hehe).
- NF—Yeah, I’ve had several different attempts to calculate my favorite artists, and though it’s varied, NF has always been on top. 😅 Genre: rap, hip hop.
- TobyMac—He has a lot of songs and most of them are definitely worthy of a Spotify Like. I assumed earlier that this artist would have this rank. Genre: Christian hip hop, rap, rock.
- Lecrae—I was actually kinda surprised by this. Until I realized just how many songs he has made. He’s been cranking out a whole lot of music almost every year since 2006, and so there are bound to be a some songs I Like. 😆 Genre: rap, hip hop.
- Twenty One Pilots—Let me tell you, as I was documenting each Liked song, TOP remained at second place for a good long while! They make amazing music. Genre: Kinda difficult to say. . . as you hear from their song Lane Boy, they don’t stay within one genre but go wherever they want to. I’ll just go with what Wikipedia says: Alternative hip hop, electropop, indie pop, pop rock, rap, rock, alternative rock.
- KB—For some reason I kinda thought that KB would be second, and didn’t realize how much lower than the top four it he was, but he is still top five, which is, yeah. His music is awesome. Genre: Christian rap, hip hop, pop.
Top 15 (starting after #5)
6. Surfaces—Classic! The duo makes such good music, and it’s not even rap or hip hop! 😛
7. Hulvey—You made it Hulvey!! I was thinking you didn’t have enough songs to be up in the top ten, but you do! You made it higher than David. Wow. Seriously, Hulvey’s music is great.
8. David Dunn—He’d better be in my top 10! This man does not get enough credit on Spotify. He has amazing music.
9. Andy Mineo—Andy, really? I honestly did not think he’d be in the top 10—maybe in the top 15. But I guess I Liked him a lot. *shrugs*
10. Hollyn—Hey, she made it up here too! Good for you, Hollyn. Honestly, her new album Holy Rebellion isn’t that amazing in my opinion, but in a final act, it’s Bird’s Eye View from that album that got her 10th instead of WHATUPRG.
11. WHATUPRG—I never really knew whether he should be in the top 10 or 15, but I guess Spotify ranked him for me, and I have to admit, 11th is a pretty good rank for him.
12. PEABOD—I only recently started listening to him, and he’s really good! It’s funny, because he does rap and hip hop but it’s like nerdy-happy-kiddy rap/hip hop, kinda, heehee.
13. Skillet—I rediscovered them when I got Spotify, from when my sisters would listen to their music way back in the day. They actually have really good music.
14. Trip Lee—When I first got Spotify and discovered all these Christian rappers I listened to Trip Lee a lot, and I still listen to him, but not as much anymore. His music is still good! And still Liked as well. 😎 (Only three “still”s, that’s still allowed, right? Well now four.)
15. Jorge Quintero—Now, I’m not really a huge instrumental-music guy, but I Liked a lot of his songs, so I guess he made it way up to 15th place!
Weeeell, that’s all I have today because I have US History homework to do. 🤓 😭
*Ahem* Anyway, I hope you enjoy music too, because if you didn’t, um, that’d be super sad. Have a good night/evening/morning/afternoon!
With God’s help,
Daniel L. Amador