Good morning, fellow humans! So, today’s Thanksgiving, eh? Doesn’t that mean that Christmas season is almost here?? Doesn’t that mean that 2022 is nearly here??? Hold up, what?!
*pauses* Oh, well, back to the topic, Thanksgiving! Politics, history, food, football; what really is it for our culture? *shakes head* Let’s just go to the basics: giving thanks.
Last year, if you remember, I attempted to think of ten things I was grateful for in the shortest time I could. It took me 32 seconds. Now, to express gratitude to the One who gave us everything we have this year, I’m doing a blog collab! I’ve never done one before, and don’t even know how to do it, but I tried. I’m collaborating with blogger Moriah Armstrong, from The Quill!
Wanna say hi, Moriah?
Hey there! I’m so excited to be able to do this collab with Daniel! It’s a first for me, and something I hope to be able to do again in the future. Happy Thanksgiving, by the way! 🙂
We are collectively sharing 50 things we are grateful for, of which we don’t often express our gratitude. She’ll share first, then me.
Alright, Moriah, go ahead!
Okay! Here are 25 things I am very, very grateful to have in my life:
- My home.
- Air conditioning.
- Alllll my little fur babies
- My friends
- My family
- Being homeschooled
- Clean Water
- Being quick to learn
- The internet
- Good health
- Access to medical care
- My height (I can reach EVERYTHING!!!)
- Apple pie (it’s really, really good)
- Candles (especially the ones that smell nice…XD)
- Love ❤
- My bicycle
- Chocolateeee. Yum.
*nods* Good things to be grateful for!
Now, my turn. Thank you, thanks, thanks so much, God, for. . .
- My beanie
- Comfortable weather (we don’t have any currently, but just the idea is comfortable)
- The livelihood of Chicago during the Christmas season (it’s coming, people! 0-o)
- The beauty of a candle flame, then of the smoke as it dances away until it fades.
- Those people that genuinely respect everyone else as equals (I know a few people like that but I’ll keep them anonymous)
- The times when it’s all crashing down around me and You, Jesus, are like “just hold on and I won’t let you fall away with it all”
- That this is my 50th post ever
- Sounds and smells that remind you of the happy parts of your childhood, and even make you shed a tear
- The fact that I have never broken a bone, gotten sicker than a mildly severe cold (surprisingly COVID had almost no effect on me), or had to visit the hospital for any other reason than check ups and visiting others—i.e., that You’ve kept me safe
- That You, God, have given me the strength to not. Give. Up. On writing, school, and life in general
- The movies classic to our family: Cheaper by the Dozen, tLotR, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, etc
- The many hours of hard work artists put into their music to make it amazing.
- Peanut butter (it’s legitimately really good)
- My planner
- Strong winds in autumn days
- Cool, delicious water after a long, hot run
- Book shelves
- Nylon stickers (they’re so much better than regular stickers)
- Always green evergreens
- Google Earth
- My shoes
- My grass (I have a little pot of grass in my room)
- Happy family times
And those are our collective fifty. I know we could do so much more, but that would make this post incredibly long.
As a final note, every time you do something, just think, “what can I be grateful for here?” Always remember to be thankful for even the little things. 🙂
With God’s help,